Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Gift Ideas

It's my birthday!
Wondering what to get me? Put some of that disposable income to use!
How about...


a Faberge egg?

Or, the entire Loeb Classical Library? A bargain at only $21 a pop.

Or, to show how much you really care, how about something priceless, like the Book of Kells?

I'm sure Trinity College won't miss it.


I've always enjoyed standing in front of Gustave Caillebotte's Rue de Paris, temps de pluie, breathing in the rain-washed air.



Since we're dreaming, what objet would you wish for?

6 comments:

Melvin Ming said...

ah.. ma cheri, I will get you the stars too...

noirah said...

Hm... I want Degas's Little Dancer Aged Fourteen and the entire contents of the Musee d'Orsay. Heck, throw in the building too since we're dreaming. Oh and one of Gerhard Richter's toilet paper roll paintings for my bathroom. And maybe some really pricey Julie Taymor puppets for the boy to play with. I'll show 'em postmodern deconstructionism.

Happy birthday!

hap said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hap said...

Heh, I originally read it as what could I have, anything at all in the world. And I asked for a Prius.

But now I realize you are talking about something loftier. I've always had an affinity for Van Gogh's Cafe Terract at Night.

"And world peace."

Happy Birthday!

Bird On A Line said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

myevilterran said...

world peace.