At last, after what seemed like endless trials, we own a home!! Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it's been a lot of work. We've spent the last week cleaning up and painting. Some tips for current and future homeowners: please don't do anything half-assed or downright stupid! For example, don't:
1) glue lattice onto your living room wall
2) put up wallpaper - over older wallpaper that's been painted over (#$@%^#@^!!!??)
3) install a TV in the wall - especially one from the 1970's
4) repair a hole in the wall by taping a piece of cardboard over it (what the...?)
5) have a light switch in the bedroom that causes lightning to shoot from the overhead lights (this is not a joke - if the glass light-fixture cover hadn't been there, I could be without hair right now)
Some images from our week: Here we are, so eager to begin...
This pretty much sums up our feelings after a few hours, days, of literal blood, sweat, and tears. Notice the even more hideous wallpaper behind me that I uncovered. There's nothing like getting a borderline OCD person covered in wallpaper paste on a wet tarp. Not a good thing.
But, finally, we did accomplish our goals. Here's Molt, enjoying the fruit of his labors in the living room:
And isn't this better than my archaeological wallpaper discovery:
Come visit us please!