Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mornings with Tilly

Let me introduce you to Tilly, my doggy friend:

For the last month and a half I've been getting up at the crack of dawn (okay, a little after that) on Tuesdays and Thursdays to run this little girl for an hour. It's probably one of the more interesting jobs I've had. Tilly belongs to a family in the area, and, apparently, she's quite the runner. The owner told me, "Well, she used to run twice a day, but now she's getting a little too old for that." Wow. I wish I had that kind of energy.

So, Tilly gets to go out and stretch her legs while I get a little pay and accountability in my running schedule. And Tilly is an easy dog - she doesn't pay any mind to other people or dogs, which makes me feel pretty superior when another dog is making a fuss. I think, "Hmph. What bad manners. Look at how composed we are." The only thing Tilly does sometimes that makes things difficult is poop twice in one morning - when I have only 1 plastic bag. By the second poop, I've already cleaned up the first and thrown the bag away half an hour ago. So, I'm stuck either looking like a jerk by not curbing my dog or picking the stuff up with my hands. What do you think I choose?

No comments: