Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Marmalade & Hyacinths


Marmalade in German means "jam," but I still get so confused because I just think "marmalade." We recently ate at a lovely restaurant that was so cozy it was like eating in a farmwife's kitchen - wood burning furnace, dark wood beams, lots of nooks and crannies.

After dinner we purchased some homemade marmalade that was for sale on a counter. All proceeds went to the children's hospital. And the jars were so cheery and cute. The one above is a quince jelly.

These are my Valentine's day flowers. They've been perfuming the entire place for the last week! Just another sign that Spring is coming - today it was a balmy 50°F. Warm enough for me and my two apartment-mates to walk around with ice-cream cones after dinner. Life is good.

No comments: