Thursday, September 09, 2010

Wandering: And Trying To Settle Down...

A coastal cedar grove at Point Lobos, California.
 
I've neglected this blog woefully for the past few months... and I doubt the wisdom of continuing.  But never mind.  I just want to look at that cedar grove and imagine myself disappearing into it. 

I'm in the process of selling a house (!), beginning to teach again at the university, unpacking from a big move, and getting used to living an ocean apart from J.  All in all enough to make a girl very, very blue. I know that a routine will soon develop, and that structure will go a long ways to make things seem comfortable and home-like again.  In the meantime, I'll just hang on, posting meditative pictures and looking forward.

3 comments:

MM said...

How do you get those colors on the picture? It looks so beautiful. I will rush some goodies to you to help ease the blue.

VW said...

Are you finished with your Ph.D.? Where are you teaching? Is J moving to you soon?

janjan said...

Thanks, MM! I'm looking forward to the goodies :)

VW: No, not done yet, I'm back for a year of teaching duties. J's landed a sweet position in the UK - a tenure track job. So, it looks like I'll be joining him in a year when I am free to write independently.